RESIDENTIAL PROGRAM DIRECTOR
Located in Charleston, South Carolina, Florence Crittenton Programs of South Carolina (FCP) serves at-risk, pregnant, and parenting young women ages 10 – 21 who are in dire need of a safe environment and assistance with education, counseling, and medical care. In addition, FCP provides transitional housing and in-home case management to young parents living in Charleston, Dorchester, and Berkeley counties. The mission of FCP is to provide hope, safety and opportunity to young women in order to instill self-worth and self-sufficiency. FCP services are accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Services to Families and Children.
The Residential Program Director has the overall responsibility for the successful operation of the Residential Program.
Requirements for the Position:
A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in social work, counseling or related field. Candidate will demonstrate at least five years of extensive experience working with diverse populations, building a cohesive, multidisciplinary team serving at risk, pregnant and/or parenting girls/teens and their families. Ability to assess, manage and address challenging client behaviors. Clinical experience in a group home setting working with disenfranchised and/or pregnant girls, preferred. Able to delegate work while also taking charge and providing coverage where the schedule requires. At least three years management experience is required. Qualities of Interest: Team builder, strong work ethic, clinically licensed, self-motivated, solution-focused and committed to developing a strong community of women.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops a cohesive, multidisciplinary team dedicated to reaching a shared mission. Provides direct supervision of program staff including Case Management Clinicians, Admissions Specialist, Nutrition & Kitchen Manager, Activities Coordinator, House Mentors and Teachers.
- Oversees program components and planning to ensure program integrity; monitors and evaluates program groups.
- Ensures the facility, grounds, programming and staff meet licensing requirements as mandated by DHEC, DSS, DJJ and COA standards of care. Monitors and ensures all documentation meets said standards to be done via training, audit and written feedback.
- Provides, coordinates and documents comprehensive professional development classes with all staff based on identified training needs.
- Participates actively in Performance and Quality Improvement meetings and activities.
- Meets with supervisor regularly to address clinical and ethical concerns while holding a high standard of professional behavior for self and staff.
- Continually evaluates level of services offered in an effort to meet best-practice standards.
- Serves on the Leadership/Management Team.
- Participates in weekly Treatment Team meetings.
- Assists in collecting and providing data for outcome evaluation. Serves as a friendly ambassador and speaker in the community.
- Obtains 20 hours of continuing education credits, annually.
- Other duties as required.
This position is evaluated annually and reports directly to the Executive Director.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3-5 years
- Masters Degree in Social Work or related field
PLEASE EMAIL RESUMES TO INFO@FLORENCECRITTENTONSC.ORG
The Residential Program is seeking an individual to supervise clients during afternoon, evening and weekend hours (see details below). The hourly rate for this part-time position is $9-$10 per hour commensurate with experience.
Interested parties please submit a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
HS Diploma or GED
Ability to work evenings/weekends
CPR/First Aid Certification
SC driver’s license and reliable transportation
Basic computer literacy
Over age 21
Ability to work effectively with teenagers
Mature with good judgement
1st Shift: 8AM – 4PM
2nd Shift: 4PM – 12AM
3rd Shift: 12AM – 8AM
Please note: In order to be considered for this position, applicants must be available to work one of more of the above listed shifts. Please note your availability on your application/resume.