NURSE HEALTH EDUCATOR
The Nurse Educator is responsible for the health education and medical supervision of clients currently enrolled in Florence Crittenton programs, and coordinating services with community health providers. The Nurse Educator serves as a medical and health resource to agency programs, maintains and updates policies and procedures, and provides in-service training to all staff.
This position is part-time position (15-20 hours/week) and pay is $24.00/hour.
Registered Nurse with current South Carolina license and CPR training, with at least one-year current nursing experience. A background in Maternal and Child Health and/or Women’s Health is preferred. Qualities of Interest: Team builder, strong work ethic, self-motivated, solution-focused, results-oriented, and committed to developing a strong community of women.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preview Medical Records of potential clients.
- Conduct initial medical interview and assessment for all new clients and complete medical intake.
- Supervise medication distribution and documentation. Keep MAR current with new clients, new medications, etc. Communicate with staff about medication changes and with pharmacy regarding changes such as discharges.
- Assess and manage all medical discomforts and physical complaints of the clients.
- Coordinate all health care appointments.
- Conduct or supervise all individual and group health education.
- Document all services provided to clients and complete all Medicaid billing.
- Track medical statistics.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team Meeting to present medical evaluation, review and discharge information of clients.
- Provide medical training and supervision for all staff.
- Maintain and order all medical supplies. Dispose of all outdated medications appropriately.
- Maintain and update Medical Service and Health Education policies and procedures in the agency manual on an annual basis.
- Administer all TB tests to staff, volunteers, and interns on an annual basis, if requested.
- Complete a minimum of 14 job-related continuing education hours annually.
- Other duties as required.
To apply, please send your resume to hweimer@FlorenceCrittentonSC.org.
We’re seeking caring individuals to provide encouragement and supervision to our residents.
- HS Diploma or GED
- Ability to work evenings/weekends
- CPR/First Aid Certification
- SC driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Basic computer literacy
- Over age 21
- Ability to work effectively with teenagers
- Mature with good judgement
Applicants must be able to work during the following shifts:
- 1st Shift: 8AM – 4PM
- 2nd Shift: 4PM – 12AM
- 3rd Shift: 12AM – 8AM
Please send your resume and shift availability to hweimer@FlorenceCrittentonSC.org.